John Travolta's First Accuser Drops Lawsuit
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: VAH/Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Wonderwall9 of 16
- Photo: "Grease"/Promotional10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 16
- Photo: Jim Smeal/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Promotional/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: New Line Cinema/Promotional15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
After a whirlwind of a week, John Travolta's first accuser -- known simply as John Doe for privacy reasons -- has dropped his sexual assault lawsuit against the actor.
This dismissal comes on the heels of evidence that contradicted the date John Doe gave for the alleged incident. John Doe claimed Travolta made sexual advances during a massage appointment at the Beverly Hills Hotel on Jan. 16.
Travolta's lawyer later provided a photo that indicated Travolta was at the Greenwich Hotel in New York and enjoying meals at Mr. Chow that evening. John Doe's former lawyer, Okorie Okorocha, claimed that Travolta could have traveled there in time.
Okorocha explained the case dismissal to People.com: "Let's just say we had differences in opinion of how to handle the case and decided to part ways."
Despite Tuesday's dismissal of the first case in the U.S. District Court, a second John Doe is still suing John Travolta for $2 million, but his lawyer said on May 14 that he's willing to settle the case for $250,000.
The second John Doe alleges that he, too, had an inappropriate encounter while giving the actor a massage at an Atlanta hotel.
Okorocha, who formerly represented the first John Doe and still represents the second one, believes other men may come forward.
Okorcha said, "There's a bunch of accusers against Travolta who have similar accusations. Many have contacted me, and I'm still vetting their stories. More defendants might come forward soon."
Through his lawyer, Martin Singer, John Travolta has denied all of these claims.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite