Johnny Depp Says He Feared His Flight Was Going Down
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: YFrog/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: Theodore Wood/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Grayson Alexander/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Theodore Wood/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Richard Stonehouse/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.15 of 16
Johnny Depp fares better on the high seas than in the sky.
In a new interview with Life magazine, the 48-year-old actor opens up about a frightening moment he experienced with "Rum Diary" director Bruce Robinson while they were on a plane.
"The plane just shut down," Depp explains. "The sound of the engines stopped. There was silence. Bruce and I were looking at each other and I think I said, 'Is this it?' It was like this weird extended moment when you're just floating for a second and you could feel this unpleasant descent."
"Nobody said a word except for Bruce and I, sitting next to each other saying, 'Oh s---! This is death; I guess this is how it goes down,'" Depp says. "Then we burst into hysterical laughter at the idea that this was how we were going to die."
Depp and Robinson, 65, were relieved when the engines suddenly started back up. "I guess you could say that was a big bonding experience for Bruce and me," Depp says. "For a moment there, we were going down together."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Best & Worst VMA
See some of the best and worst fashion from this year's nominees at previous VMAs.Watch Video »
Take a look at some of Katy Perry's most talked-about looks from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Blake Lively and Duchess Kate's growing baby bumps on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Hudson, Michelle Williams, and Paris Hilton all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Worst Fall Trends
From Jessica Simpson to Heidi Klum, check out these A-listers and their worst fall fashion duds.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian shares pictures from her recent trip to Disneyland on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »