Johnny Depp Says He Feared His Flight Was Going Down
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Jack Plunkett/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: John Spellman/Retna Ltd.3 of 16
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 16
- Photo: YFrog/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Camera Press/Retna Ltd.10 of 16
- Photo: Theodore Wood/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Grayson Alexander/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Theodore Wood/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.13 of 16
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Richard Stonehouse/Camera Press/Retna Ltd.15 of 16
Johnny Depp fares better on the high seas than in the sky.
In a new interview with Life magazine, the 48-year-old actor opens up about a frightening moment he experienced with "Rum Diary" director Bruce Robinson while they were on a plane.
"The plane just shut down," Depp explains. "The sound of the engines stopped. There was silence. Bruce and I were looking at each other and I think I said, 'Is this it?' It was like this weird extended moment when you're just floating for a second and you could feel this unpleasant descent."
"Nobody said a word except for Bruce and I, sitting next to each other saying, 'Oh s---! This is death; I guess this is how it goes down,'" Depp says. "Then we burst into hysterical laughter at the idea that this was how we were going to die."
Depp and Robinson, 65, were relieved when the engines suddenly started back up. "I guess you could say that was a big bonding experience for Bruce and me," Depp says. "For a moment there, we were going down together."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL:
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »