Jordin Sparks Flaunts 50-Pound Weight Loss in Blue Bikini
- Photo: Shape/.1 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 16
- Photo: JE1/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America5 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America6 of 16
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America7 of 16
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: NM3/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: Darrylee Cohen / AdMedia / Retna Lt/Retna Ltd.12 of 16
- Photo: Michael Becker/FOX13 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital14 of 16
- Photo: Tristar Pictures/Promotional15 of 16
Now that she's lost 50 pounds, Jordin Sparks is looking -- and feeling! -- better than ever.
To celebrate her body makeover, the 22-year-old "Sparkle" actress posed in a sexy, blue bikini for the cover of Shape magazine's August issue.
"I just wanted to be healthy," she says of her slim down. "I remember thinking, 'I'm in my prime. I should be happy and fit.' That was the moment I decided that changes needed to be made."
Making those dreams a reality was no easy feat for the Season 6 "American Idol" champ. "I knew I had a long road ahead of me. I was barely working out and my diet was a mess," Sparks says. "I had to address when, what and how much I was eating."
Several months in, Sparks noticed a change in her body. "The weight really started falling off and I could see my muscles," she tells Shape. "It was awesome!"
The "Battlefield" singer's new film, "Sparkle" -- co-starring the late Whitney Houston -- is in theaters August 17.
MORE ON WONDERWALL
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Mariah Carey opened up to ET's Rocsi Diaz today concerning her rumored feud with fellow 'American Idol' judge Nicki Minaj.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »