Julia Roberts: It's 'Bizarre' to Play Mom to Ryan Reynolds in Film
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Marco Quadrini/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN15 of 16
That's some precocious procreating, pretty woman!
In the family drama "Fireflies in the Garden," out this Friday, Oct. 14, 2011, Julia Roberts plays mother to Ryan Reynolds -- despite just a nine-year age difference between the stars.
At Wednesday's L.A. premiere of the film, Roberts, 43, admitted to Us Weekly portraying the mother-son bond with Reynolds, 34, was "bizarre at first, because he's so tall!"
The real-life mother of three added, "But it worked out all right. He's a good boy!"
Although Fireflies (also starring Willem Dafoe, Emily Watson and Hayden Panettiere) was completed and ready for theaters in 2008, distribution issues delayed its release for three years. At the time of filming, Roberts was seven months pregnant with Henry, now 4, her youngest with husband Daniel Moder. (Henry's older siblings are twins Hazel and Finn, nearly 7.)
"[I was] nice and ready to have a baby!" the Pretty Woman actress quipped.
Watching the flick now offers a great time capsule of her pregnancy, she told Us. "When I see it now and he is this big boy who can dress himself and do these things, it really is touching to see that."
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »