Julia Roberts: It's 'Bizarre' to Play Mom to Ryan Reynolds in Film
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital2 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com4 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com7 of 16
- Photo: Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com9 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital11 of 16
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Marco Quadrini/Splash News13 of 16
- Photo: Splash News14 of 16
- Photo: Apega/WENN15 of 16
That's some precocious procreating, pretty woman!
In the family drama "Fireflies in the Garden," out this Friday, Oct. 14, 2011, Julia Roberts plays mother to Ryan Reynolds -- despite just a nine-year age difference between the stars.
At Wednesday's L.A. premiere of the film, Roberts, 43, admitted to Us Weekly portraying the mother-son bond with Reynolds, 34, was "bizarre at first, because he's so tall!"
The real-life mother of three added, "But it worked out all right. He's a good boy!"
Although Fireflies (also starring Willem Dafoe, Emily Watson and Hayden Panettiere) was completed and ready for theaters in 2008, distribution issues delayed its release for three years. At the time of filming, Roberts was seven months pregnant with Henry, now 4, her youngest with husband Daniel Moder. (Henry's older siblings are twins Hazel and Finn, nearly 7.)
"[I was] nice and ready to have a baby!" the Pretty Woman actress quipped.
Watching the flick now offers a great time capsule of her pregnancy, she told Us. "When I see it now and he is this big boy who can dress himself and do these things, it really is touching to see that."
DIY Celeb Makeup
Find out how to get Jenna Dewan Tatum's long-lasting matte lip on DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the biggest celeb makeup mistakes.Watch Video »
Real 'RHOC' Dish
"Real Housewives of OC" star Shannon Beador dishes about her family, her relationship with Vicki Gunvalson and what to expect from the reunion!Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Perry in Peru
Check out Katy Perry's best posts from Peru during the South American leg of her Prismatic World Tour on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »