Justin Timberlake Was Persistent for Jessica Biel Date
- Photo: Stewart Cook/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 17
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: AO1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 17
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Flynet7 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage8 of 17
- Photo: VENTURINI/Bauer-Griffin9 of 17
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/VF11/WireImage12 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Ron Galella/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: RSA/ZOJ/WENN15 of 17
- Photo: DHJ/http://www.wenn.com/16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
RELATED: Surprising Celebrity Couples
The "Trouble With the Curve" star, who recently tied the knot with the actress in Italy, first met Biel in 2007 and immediately wanted to ask her out, but admits he relied on "a fair amount of tenacity" for her to say yes.
He tells Britain's Hello! magazine, "There was nothing starry about the way we got together -- it was very un-Hollywoodesque in fact. We met and got talking, afterwards I asked my friend if I could call her and ask her out. My friend called Jessica and Jessica said yes, and so I called her."
He added, "And yes, I did it the old fashioned way -- by telephone. That's something I learned from both my stepdad and my grandfather -- that there is a thing called chivalry and it doesn't have to die with the birth of the Internet.
"I had to be pretty persistent in order to get her to say yes. But I have a fair amount of tenacity and if I want something I stick to it. And in the end she agreed."
RELATED: Stars Who Dated Boy Banders
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite