Katie Holmes Delivers Triumphant Secret Stage Performance
- Photo: Enrique Rc/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: TPG/StarTraks8 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: DCAP WAAZ/GSI10 of 16
- Photo: Marquez/Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage15 of 16
Despite her casual attire, Katie Holmes' performance during a reading of the play "One Day When We Were Young" was anything but nonchalant.
According to theatergoers present at the surprise, top-secret showing in Williamstown, Mass., on Aug. 17, Holmes -- clad in jeans, a basic white top and a ponytail -- brought her A-game opposite British actor Jeremy Strong. "She capably delivered," one eyewitness tells Us Weekly. "She was very focused on the piece."
In fact, "If her part in the reading is an indication, I would say she's eager to get back to acting," the witness adds of Tom Cruise's ex.
Since filing for divorce from her husband of five years on June 28, Holmes, 33, is dead set on moving forward in both her acting and design careers. This fall, the actress is set to head back to Broadway for the first time since 2008, when she performed in "All My Sons." She will also show her first collection at New York Fashion Week with design partner Jeanne Yang. (The pair launched their label, Holmes & Yang, in 2008).
"This is a big deal for Katie to show in the tents, under the full attention of the fashion editors and the glare of the media scrutiny," a source told The New York Post Thursday. "They could have done a small show elsewhere, so this proves she and Jeanne are very serious about their business."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Robert Pattinson to Joseph Gordon-Levitt, get all the new couple scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy Video Shoot
Fergie shares sexy behind-the-scenes photos from her music video shoot on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the hottest looks that Kim Kardashian has donned since becoming a mom.Watch Video »
Cameron's long journey to ‘Avatar’
Dec. 14: Director James Cameron sits down with "Access" to talk about his highly anticipated film,...Watch Video »
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »