Katie Holmes to Hold Her First Ever Runway Show
- Photo: Kevin Winter/Tonight Show/Getty Images North America1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks3 of 17
- Photo: Splash News4 of 17
- Photo: Brandon Todd/Splash News5 of 17
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Jackson Lee/NPG7 of 17
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP8 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com14 of 17
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital15 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com16 of 17
With her divorce from Tom Cruise pending, Katie Holmes is turning over a new leaf. To start, she's concentrating on her fashion line, Holmes & Yang.
Women's Wear Daily has confirmed that at New York Fashion Week in September, the 33-year-old actress and fashion designer will present pieces from the label that she and her longtime friend Jeanne Yang, a stylist, formed in 2009. The runway collection will show the Holmes & Yang Spring 2013 line and will be the label's first-ever appearance at the high-fashion, semiannual event.
It is unknown whether the partners will show at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week hub Lincoln Center or elsewhere in the city. One thing is for sure: They will be among New York Fashion Week regulars including Jason Wu, Donna Karan and Rebecca Taylor.
Creating the lineup for the show will surely keep Holmes busy over the next few months -- not that the star is worried about falling into a dark place over the end of her failed five-year marriage. According to a recent interview in Elle that was conducted before the split, she's in a happy place.
"I'm starting to come into my own. It's like a new phase," she explained to the mag, tellingly. She is also set to star in a modern version of Anton Chekhov's play "The Seagull," and has shot the film "Molly," which she co-wrote.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »