Kellan Lutz of 'Twilight' unveils new fashion line
- Photo: Gary He/Insider Images for iD Gum/Promotional1 of 25
- Photo: CHRISTIAN RUDNIK/StarTraks2 of 25
- Photo: Brian Dowling/.3 of 25
- Photo: Fame Flynet4 of 25
- Photo: GIULIO MARCOCCHI/StarTraks5 of 25
- Photo: MWB/BSB/EXP/WENN6 of 25
- Photo: Splash News7 of 25
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN8 of 25
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 25
- Photo: FREDDIE BAEZ/StarTraks10 of 25
- Photo: FS2/WENN11 of 25
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/Invision/AP12 of 25
- Photo: Darron Cummings/Invision/AP13 of 25
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 25
- Photo: @kellanlutz/Twitter15 of 25
- Photo: JKING/Fame Flynet16 of 25
- Photo: Todd Oren/Getty Images North America17 of 25
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images North America18 of 25
- Photo: MWB/BSB/EXP/WENN19 of 25
- Photo: Samsung/WireImage20 of 25
- Photo: Samsung/WireImage.com21 of 25
- Photo: SNAPPER/Bauer-Griffin22 of 25
- Photo: @kellanlutz/Twitter23 of 25
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks24 of 25
LAS VEGAS (AP) — What's a hulking vampire to do without moody mortals in distress and with no more computer-enhanced battles to wage in the forest?
For 28-year-old "Twilight" actor Kellan Lutz — better known as Emmett, the heartthrob brother of leading man Edward — it's still about looking as good as superhumanly possible.
Lutz unveiled his Pre-Spring 2014 collection with Abbot + Main this week in Las Vegas during MAGIC, one of the fashion world's most influential trade shows.
"It's great to find something outside of acting," he said in an interview Monday at a Las Vegas Strip hotel suite, resting a chiseled, stubbly chin on a sofa pillow.
Born in North Dakota and raised in Arizona and the Midwest — places he described as trendiness-challenged — he started modeling at 14 and developed an eye for style hanging out with fashion and photography greats.
Soon enough, he stopped borrowing clothes from some of his six brothers. They were borrowing from him.
His brand — which debuted in 2011 and is named after an intersection in the beachy-cool Venice Beach, Calif., neighborhood where Lutz once lived — mainly consists of soft, slim-fitting T-shirts and not-trying-too-hard hoodies.
RELATED: Sweet celeb PDA
Initially just for men, two-thirds of the collection is now for women. There's a peach-colored, long-sleeved sweater of translucent hacci fabric, and a draping tank top in matte gray. Meant for layering, prints and logos are nowhere to be foun
Lutz works with business partners mainly over Skype as he travels around the world filming. He's starring as the oft-shirtless Hercules in the upcoming "Hercules 3D." After MAGIC, he'll be headed to Bulgaria to shoot "The Expendables 3," an action thriller that's set to include Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger and things blowing up.
Stephenie Meyer, author of the books that led to the movie series that grossed $1.4 billion in U.S. box office receipts, told "Variety" last week that she's done with the fantastical world of glittery-skinned, bloodthirsty knockouts.
"I get further away every day," Meyer's quoted as saying. "I am so over it. For me, it's not a happy place to be."
But the small supporting role that carved him a place in the acting world — and in many a teen girl's heart — looms large for Lutz.
"I'm so thankful for everything that movie's done for me," he said. "'Twilight' gave me a name."
RELATED: What's the latest trend?
Zoe's Cute Family
Check out Zoe Saldana and husband Marco Perego's cutest family moments!Watch Video »
From Sofia Vergara to Zac Efron, check out who's coupling up on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Rachel McAdams dishes on her new 'do and the her surprisingly time consuming "Southpaw" transformation.Watch Video »
Emmy Gab Fest
Wonderwall's Briana Lane chats with Padma Lakshmi, LL Cool J and more stars on the 2010 Emmy Awards red carpet.Watch Video »
'True Blood' Cover
Alexander Skarsgard was in Sweden when Rolling Stone's "True Blood" cover was first released, so Access provided him with his first look.Watch Video »
Watch this preview of NBC's upcoming Fall Drama schedule from the stars themselves.Watch Video »