Kristin Davis on Motherhood: The Most Rewarding Thing I've Ever Done
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage4 of 13
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: Craig Blankenhorn/New Line Cinema10 of 13
- Photo: ALASTAIR GRANT/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Carrie Bell and Chris Gardner
Kristin Davis has discovered the ultimate fulfillment with her newest role: motherhood.
"It is the most rewarding thing I've done in my life," gushed Davis, who became a mother last fall through a domestic adoption. Her daughter, Gemma Rose Davis, is now six months old, and Davis is loving every minute of their mother-daughter partnership. "We don't have our teeth yet. We're trying to crawl and talk, but haven't mastered either," detailed the actress, who is single and has never been married.
Wonderwall caught up with the "Sex and the City" star at the premiere of her newest film, the action sequel "Journey 2: The Mysterious Island" co-starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Vanessa Hudgens and Josh Hutcherson.
And while Davis dished on working with The Rock ("He's a lovely singer"), playing mother to Hutcherson ("Young Hollywood has gotten a bad rap, but he's the opposite of all those things") and filming in Hawaii ("It never stops being gorgeous"), it was discussing her daughter, Gemma, that brought a twinkle to Davis' eye.
RELATED: 2012's Celeb Baby Brigade
"Life at home is great. She's great," said Davis, who hasn't disclosed any additional details about the adoption. "She's super healthy. She's a very good baby. Content. She's perfect and beautiful."
If all the bliss talk seems too much, that's exactly the point. "I don't want to tell any embarrassing stories about her," joked Davis, who isn't planning to report on dirty diapers or baby vomit. "I always feel like that's not fair, because she can't defend herself yet."
That's a very Charlotte-like thing to do, and we are definitely OK with that.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite