Lauren Conrad Dishes Fashion Week Advice Baskstage at Nanette Lepore Show
- Photo: LOUIS LANZANO/Invision/AP1 of 15
- Photo: Jose Perez/Splash News2 of 15
- Photo: Ron Smits/London Ent/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 15
- Photo: Scott Harrison/Retna Digital5 of 15
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP8 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP11 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP12 of 15
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 15
By Michelle Lanz, reporting by Kara Warner
Just because her fashion line is at Kohl's and not couture doesn't mean former "Hills" blondie Lauren Conrad can't hob knob with fashion industry elites.
The 23-year-old was spotted sitting front-and-center at the Nanette Lepore show on Wednesday during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week in New York City. She has been a longtime fan of the veteran designer, and also showed up at Nanette's show last year representin' in one of her dresses. Wonderwall caught up with Lauren backstage after the show to find out what advice she has for Fashion Week newbies.
"I think it's crazy and I think you learn to do it right," she said. "You want to select a few fun shows to go to, because if you try and do them all, you're exhausted. If you don't do enough, you want to see more. It's just finding a balance."
Designing an entire line of clothing takes an active imagination and tons of inspiration. Lauren says she looks for ideas for her Kohl's collection every day.
"I'm always looking to runways for trends," she explained.
Also an active Twitterer (even though she claimed not to do it very well), Lauren managed to Twitpic a shot from her prime seat at the show. Some girls have all the luck!
More on Wonderwall:
Check out Jennifer Lopez's best ab moments!Watch Video »
Single & Fabulous
Check out Kourtney Kardashian's fabulous life on social media in the wake of her breakup from Scott Disick on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Check out Instagram newcomer Rachel Bilson's best posts thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tom Cruise chats "Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation" with Wonderwall.com.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »