Lauren Conrad: Lo Won't Be Starring in L.A. Candy Movie
- Photo: Wonderwall1 of 7
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com3 of 7
- Photo: MSN4 of 7
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 7
- Photo: Tony Nelson/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Reports that Hills star Lauren "Lo" Bosworth will be headlining the movie adaptation of Lauren Conrad's best-selling novel "L.A. Candy" couldn't be any further from reality.
"I jokingly said, 'Oh, Lo is going to star in it,'" Conrad, 23, told Usmagazine.com Tuesday at Lucky magazine's Fall 2009 Denim Tour in Hollywood. "People reported that Lo was going to star in the movie, and I was totally kidding!"
She told Us she is "excited" to be an executive producer. "It's my new hat," she said. "I like hats, and I get to wear lots of them!"
She said she never intended for her book to hit the big screen.
"I was just hoping that the book did well," she said. "It's a little surreal, but it's cool!"
Post-"Hills" life "is nice," she said. "I'm a different kind of busy. I have more stress and deadlines at work than I do in my personal life."
At work on her third book, she said she hasn't had time to watch the current season of "The Hills" with Kristin Cavallari.
"I barely watched it when I was on it. I have commitment issues with shows," she said.
Conrad, who is dating "My Boys" actor Kyle Howard, added that she'll never star in another show about her personal life.
"I closed that door," she said. "We have been talking about some different stuff that's more fashion-related, so we'll see."
As for Stephanie Pratt (who was busted for DUI Oct. 18)?
"I just sent her well wishes," Conrad told Us. "She is doing fine."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite