Lawyer: Stephen Baldwin to avoid prison in tax case
- Photo: Joel Ryan/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.4 of 16
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Christensen/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Splash News7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN9 of 16
- Photo: DCA/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Jody Cortes/Retna Ltd.11 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News12 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage.com15 of 16
NEW CITY, N.Y. (AP) -- Stephen Baldwin's lawyer says the actor will avoid prison and get up to five years to pay back taxes of about $350,000.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
Attorney Russell Yankwitt spoke Monday after a closed-door conference with prosecutors and a judge in Rockland County, N.Y.
Baldwin is accused of not paying New York state income taxes from 2008 to 2010.
Yankwitt said that under a tentative agreement, Baldwin will plead guilty this month to a tax felony.
He says if Baldwin pays the money within a year, his record will be wiped clean. If not, he will be sentenced to probation and given five years to pay back the money.
Baldwin, of Grandview, N.Y., starred in 1995's "The Usual Suspects." He's the youngest of four acting Baldwin brothers.
Kate Hudson, Sophia Bush, and Katy Perry all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
The Backstreet Boys chat about their raw documentary and if band life is as fun now as it was in the '90s.Watch Video »
Who's That Girl?
Get the scoop on everything you need to know about Gigi Hadid on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the mother-daughter duo on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »