Leonardo DiCaprio Auctions Off Space Voyage For $1 Million
- Photo: CARV GEVA/GSI1 of 20
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 20
- Photo: Rick Williams/Promotional3 of 20
- Photo: Daniel Deme/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/AP5 of 20
- Photo: Rebecca Sapp/Getty Images North America6 of 20
- Photo: Ray Tang/Rex USA7 of 20
- Photo: Rex USA8 of 20
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks9 of 20
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com10 of 20
- Photo: GTRES/Fame Flynet11 of 20
- Photo: Splash News12 of 20
- Photo: GTRES/Fame Flynet13 of 20
- Photo: GTRES/Fame Flynet14 of 20
- Photo: Francois Mori/Invision/AP15 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage16 of 20
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage17 of 20
- Photo: GTRES/Fame Flynet18 of 20
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP19 of 20
Leonardo DiCaprio is headed out into space, and one very lucky, very rich person is going to be making the trip with him.
At this year's star-studded amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala, held at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc in France, DiCaprio auctioned off a chance to take a trip into outer space, with him, in 2015. The chance to see the stars with a star sold for 700,000 Euros, or around $1 million US.
The event, which raises money for HIV/AIDS research, had one of its most successful fundraising galas ever this year, largely due to its incredible lots which sold at the gala's auction. Along with DiCaprio's space voyage, the auction also sold a 1967 painting of actress Marilyn Monroe by pop art icon Andy Warhol, which sold for around $477,000 (350,000 Euros) as well as a 1968 painting by legendary artist Pablo Picasso, which netted almost $520,000 (380,000 Euros).
However, it was the work of contemporary artist Damien Hirst that really took in the big bucks. It was a 10,000-year-old fossil, which was coated in steel, that kicked the auction up a notch when it was purchased for 11 million Euros, or $15 million.
The gala was attended by some of the industry's biggest stars including Jessica Chastain, Sharon Stone, Heidi Klum, Rosario Dawson, Kellan Lutz and even Justin Bieber, just to name a few.
When all was said and done, this year's amfAR Cinema Against AIDS gala fundraiser took in over $38 million, more than any of the organization's events in the past.
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTMr. Worldwide
From Crowd Ignite