Lindsay Lohan Art by Domingo Zapata Sells for $100,000
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 12
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/WireImage2 of 12
- Photo: Joe Stevens/Retna Digital3 of 12
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP4 of 12
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage5 of 12
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage6 of 12
- Photo: Splash News7 of 12
- Photo: D WARRINGTON/C LABORE/ L EUBANK/Bauer-Griffin8 of 12
- Photo: Derek Shook / Dave/Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage.com11 of 12
Although Lindsay Lohan had been in many photo shoots prior to her nude November Playboy spread, it was her porcelain complexion in the Marilyn Monroe-inspired photos that had fans and critics looking at her in a new way.
As it turns out, artist Domingo Zapata chose to follow suit and created a more PG-13 art piece of the 25-year-old that just sold for more than $100,000.
The work, which is comprised of four Polaroid photos Zapata took of Lohan, has the words "An Apple . . . that I like . . . with a bite out of it. Adam and Eve changed mankind forever . . . started SIN . . . it was a plain simple apple hanging from a tree. Then the world changed for all of us," scripted throughout the grid layout.
The New York Post reports that the work is believed to have been sold through the Hus Gallery to a prominent British collector.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Nicole Richie to Miley Cyrus, check out these embarrassing celebrity bikini malfunctions!Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Keira Knightley, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out all about Taylor Swift's cute date night and more on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
David Beckham takes off his shirt for his fans at an LA Galaxy game.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »