Lindsay Lohan: I am happy and healthy
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet2 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage5 of 16
- Photo: Diane L. Cohen/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Mariotto/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: Pablo Martinez Monsivais AP / WENN/.11 of 16
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: RMBI/GSI13 of 16
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Amy Graves/WireImage15 of 16
Lindsay Lohan has dismissed rumors suggesting she has slipped back into her wild ways following weeks of headline-grabbing antics, insisting she is sober, "happy" and "healthy."
The "Mean Girls" star has been in and out of jail and rehab in recent years, but was said to have put her dark days behind her by staging a career comeback in 2012 with roles in the new "Scary Movie" installment and an Elizabeth Taylor TV biopic, "Liz & Dick."
RELATED: Fergie Dresses Up Like Lindsay Lohan
However, Lohan has been in the news for all the wrong reasons recently after she was arrested in New York last month for allegedly clipping a pedestrian with her car, and she also accused a man of assaulting her in a dramatic scene at a hotel in the city.
She hit headlines again this week after cops were called to her family home in Long Island, N.Y., to investigate allegations a argument with her mother, Dina, had turned nasty.
RELATED: Photos: Drama Queens
The dispute broke out after the pair enjoyed a night at a club in Manhattan, sparking speculation about whether Lohan had turned back to booze, but the actress now insists she is clean.
During an interview with TMZ.com, Lohan was asked whether she is sober, and she replied, "Yes I am. And I'm happy and I'm healthy."
She also insisted the argument with her mother was blown completely out of proportion, adding: "I'm really regretful about the argument that I had with my mother ... and I said very hurtful things in the heat of the moment."
"I am very close with my mom and siblings. We're tight-knit. We support each other and we love each other."
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is up to today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »