Lindsay Lohan: I Don't Regret Anything I've Done
- Photo: Richard Shotwell/Invision/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: ROLO/GSI6 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.7 of 16
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG8 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage10 of 16
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Diane L. Cohen/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Mariotto/Bauer-Griffin15 of 16
Lindsay Lohan is quickly becoming the girl who cried "comeback" -- but she swears this time she's serious about getting her act together.
The 26-year-old "Liz & Dick" actress opens up in the new issue of Us Weekly about repeatedly hitting bottom and trying to work her way back up to the top amid legal woes and personal drama.
"I want to be known as an actress, not a troubled starlet," she told Us Weekly reporter Jennifer Peros during a sitdown interview in Los Angeles. "People can think what they want, and the only thing I can do is prove them wrong."
Easier said than done. Over the last several years, the former child star has endured a seemingly endless string of public humiliations, including but not limited to five stints in rehab, six arrests, multiple career setbacks, and countless family fights, some of which culminated in frantic calls to the police. But Lohan says she's a better person -- and a better actress -- for all of it. Even the 20,274 minutes of jail time.
"[I regret] nothing, because then I wouldn't have been able to cry in scenes at the drop of a hat," she explains to Us. "I have it tattooed: LIVE WITHOUT REGRETS. I'm not saying I wanted to go to a jail cell, but I've drawn from all of it."
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Go behind the scenes at the 2015 Life Is Beautiful Music & Art Festival in Las Vegas with Rosario Dawson, Kat Graham, Snoop Dogg and more!Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Pets & Love
Miranda Lambert opens up about self-esteem issues, her husband Blake Shelton and her involvement with Pedigree Dog Charity.Watch Video »