Lindsay Lohan: Samantha Ronson romance was 'toxic'
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: BIG PICTURES/Bauer-Griffin2 of 17
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Retna/Fame Flynet5 of 17
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/GettyImages.com6 of 17
- Photo: © RD/ Kabik/Retna Digital7 of 17
- Photo: Johns PKI/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks12 of 17
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: ROLO/GSI14 of 17
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG16 of 17
The "Mean Girls" star shocked fans when she struck up the same-sex romance in 2008, and they quickly became one of the most talked about couples in Hollywood.
However, the relationship was filled with drama and the pair hit headlines with a number of arguments on the Los Angeles club scene.
RELATED: Trend Report: '90s Style
Now Lohan admits she wasn't mature enough to be in love, telling Us Weekly magazine, "I need to love myself first before I could be with anyone else, and I was going through a lot. Two toxic people cannot be together. End of story."
The 26-year-old star is now on good terms with her ex-girlfriend, but admits she was seriously heartbroken after they parted ways.
She adds, "We're friends now. That's how it started so I think that's how it was meant to be... I was bold enough to say, 'Yeah, I like a girl. And?' That put her in a situation where she was being attacked every day. That's not fair.
And what am I left with? Heartbreak. That was three years ago. It was my last serious relationship."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
"DWTS" champion Val Chmerkovskiy gave Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen a salsa lesson, dished on his win, that heavy mirror ball trophy, and the upcoming tour!Watch Video »
The Rock rips his shirt before epic "San Andreas" premiere on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Learn how to recreate Emmy Rossum's fresh-faced look on Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper get the giggles while discussing their first impressions of each other, weird encounters in Hawaii and more!Watch Video »
Youtube for 90210
From Jenna Marbles to PewDiePie, find out which Youtube sensations we think should star in “Beverly Hills, 90210” if the show was cast today!Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Best night'
From Crowd Ignite