Lindsay Lohan: Samantha Ronson romance was 'toxic'
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: BIG PICTURES/Bauer-Griffin2 of 17
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage3 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Retna/Fame Flynet5 of 17
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/GettyImages.com6 of 17
- Photo: © RD/ Kabik/Retna Digital7 of 17
- Photo: Johns PKI/Splash News8 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN10 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN11 of 17
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks12 of 17
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: ROLO/GSI14 of 17
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.15 of 17
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG16 of 17
The "Mean Girls" star shocked fans when she struck up the same-sex romance in 2008, and they quickly became one of the most talked about couples in Hollywood.
However, the relationship was filled with drama and the pair hit headlines with a number of arguments on the Los Angeles club scene.
RELATED: Trend Report: '90s Style
Now Lohan admits she wasn't mature enough to be in love, telling Us Weekly magazine, "I need to love myself first before I could be with anyone else, and I was going through a lot. Two toxic people cannot be together. End of story."
The 26-year-old star is now on good terms with her ex-girlfriend, but admits she was seriously heartbroken after they parted ways.
She adds, "We're friends now. That's how it started so I think that's how it was meant to be... I was bold enough to say, 'Yeah, I like a girl. And?' That put her in a situation where she was being attacked every day. That's not fair.
And what am I left with? Heartbreak. That was three years ago. It was my last serious relationship."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI am a Woman
From Crowd Ignite