Lindsay Lohan: Samantha Ronson romance was 'toxic'
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: BIG PICTURES/Bauer-Griffin2 of 16
- Photo: Jesse Grant/WireImage3 of 16
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Retna/Fame Flynet5 of 16
- Photo: Joe Scarnici/GettyImages.com6 of 16
- Photo: © RD/ Kabik/Retna Digital7 of 16
- Photo: Johns PKI/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: BEN KING/StarTraks11 of 16
- Photo: RMB/ZOJ/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: ROLO/GSI13 of 16
- Photo: Byron Purvis/AdMedia/Retna Ltd.14 of 16
- Photo: Zavar, Raffi/NPG15 of 16
The "Mean Girls" star shocked fans when she struck up the same-sex romance in 2008, and they quickly became one of the most talked about couples in Hollywood.
However, the relationship was filled with drama and the pair hit headlines with a number of arguments on the Los Angeles club scene.
RELATED: Trend Report: '90s Style
Now Lohan admits she wasn't mature enough to be in love, telling Us Weekly magazine, "I need to love myself first before I could be with anyone else, and I was going through a lot. Two toxic people cannot be together. End of story."
The 26-year-old star is now on good terms with her ex-girlfriend, but admits she was seriously heartbroken after they parted ways.
She adds, "We're friends now. That's how it started so I think that's how it was meant to be... I was bold enough to say, 'Yeah, I like a girl. And?' That put her in a situation where she was being attacked every day. That's not fair.
And what am I left with? Heartbreak. That was three years ago. It was my last serious relationship."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Why We Love Amy
There are literally hundreds of reasons why we love Amy Schumer, but let's check our top five!Watch Video »
Kate Hudson shares our feelings of Adele's new single, Chrissy Teigen shows off her baby bump and more celebrity selfies of fall on Celebs Gone Social!Watch Video »
North West and her BFF visit a pumpkin patch on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »