Lindsay Lohan splattered with gold dust outside courthouse
- Photo: Deano/Splash News1 of 9
- Photo: Deano/Splash News2 of 9
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Damian Dovarganes/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Fame Flynet5 of 9
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 9
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com7 of 9
- Photo: Michael Stewart/Getty Images North America8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Actress Lindsay Lohan was dowsed in gold dust as she arrived late to court on Monday morning.
The embattled star risked the wrath of a judge by arriving 48 minutes late for the start of her trial in Los Angeles. She was delayed after walking off a commercial flight bound for Los Angeles from New York's John F. Kennedy International Airport on Sunday night.
Aides later revealed Lohan disembarked after smelling fuel and fearing she was in peril.
She finally made the trip onboard a private jet, but it failed to get her to LAX airport in time to make the court appointment.
As she walked from her car to the entrance of the courthouse, a mystery man threw what appeared to be gold powder at the actress, dotting her all-white outfit and further delaying proceedings.
The "Mean Girls" star faces allegations she lied to police officers over a car crash last summer.
She is also facing two misdemeanor charges of reckless driving and obstructing officers from performing their duties, after reportedly failing to reach a plea agreement with prosecutors.
If found guilty on all counts, she faces 240 days behind bars. The trial is just about to start.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite