Lindsay Lohan to hire private investigator
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept/Rex USA2 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: JONATHAN ALCORN/Reuters8 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 17
- Photo: Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic10 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America11 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America12 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America13 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America14 of 17
- Photo: The Weinstein Company/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN16 of 17
By Jon Warech
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan arrested for assault
Mitchell has hired attorney to the anti-stars, Gloria Allred, to represent her following an alleged altercation with Lindsay in a New York nightclub.
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan's courtroom couture
But sources close to Lindsay say that the "Liz & Dick" star feels Mitchell made up the story about Lindsay punching her, so Lindsay has hired a P.I. to look into Mitchell and see if she has any criminal past or if she's done anything like this before.
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan style profile
Getting a jump on the inevitable legal battle, Lohan reportedly wants to dig up as much information on Mitchell as she can, so she's ready should Mitchell pursue the case in civil court.
As TMZ first reported, Lindsay is telling friends she did not hit Mitchell and only confronted her because she thought Mitchell and her friends swiped her purse.
'Full House' 2
Get all the scoop on who's in and who's out for Netflix's "Fuller House," on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Blake Lively chats motherhood, HGTV and rocking an amazing wardrobe in "The Age of Adaline" on Wonderwall.Watch Video »
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Man?
From Crowd Ignite