Lindsay Lohan to hire private investigator
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Los Angeles County Sheriff's Dept/Rex USA2 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA3 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA4 of 17
- Photo: WENN5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: Louis Lanzano/Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: JONATHAN ALCORN/Reuters8 of 17
- Photo: Rex USA9 of 17
- Photo: Paul Archuleta/FilmMagic10 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America11 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America12 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America13 of 17
- Photo: Getty Images North America14 of 17
- Photo: The Weinstein Company/Promotional15 of 17
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN16 of 17
By Jon Warech
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan arrested for assault
Mitchell has hired attorney to the anti-stars, Gloria Allred, to represent her following an alleged altercation with Lindsay in a New York nightclub.
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan's courtroom couture
But sources close to Lindsay say that the "Liz & Dick" star feels Mitchell made up the story about Lindsay punching her, so Lindsay has hired a P.I. to look into Mitchell and see if she has any criminal past or if she's done anything like this before.
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan style profile
Getting a jump on the inevitable legal battle, Lohan reportedly wants to dig up as much information on Mitchell as she can, so she's ready should Mitchell pursue the case in civil court.
As TMZ first reported, Lindsay is telling friends she did not hit Mitchell and only confronted her because she thought Mitchell and her friends swiped her purse.
From Tori and Dean to Kendra and Hank, get the scoop on this reality TV couples who are struggling.Watch Video »
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
Kevin Frazier of "ET" talks to Rihanna, JLO, and more!Watch Video »
Kate Hudson at the Yankee's Game!Watch Video »
Jane Lynch shows off her new ring and the cast talks about what a difference a year makes.Watch Video »
ET talks to the stars on the red carpet!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite