Lindsay Lohan's rehab choice approved by prosecutors
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage1 of 20
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage2 of 20
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage3 of 20
- Photo: Brian To/WENN4 of 20
- Photo: Startraks/Rex USA5 of 20
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage6 of 20
- Photo: Giovanni/Splash News7 of 20
- Photo: Broadimage/Rex Features; LUCAS JACKSON/Newscom/RTR/.8 of 20
- Photo: Broadimage/Rex Features; Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP/.9 of 20
- Photo: Instagram/.10 of 20
- Photo: Instagram/.11 of 20
- Photo: SMPD/Rex Features/Rex USA12 of 20
- Photo: @lindsaylohan/Twitter13 of 20
- Photo: WENN14 of 20
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News15 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage16 of 20
- Photo: FS2/ FayesVision/WENN17 of 20
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN18 of 20
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN19 of 20
Prosecutors in Los Angeles have approved Lindsay Lohan's choice of rehab facility after she ditched a court-approved treatment center in New York for one in California at the last minute.
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Lohan was given until May 2 to check into a rehab program to serve a 90-day sentence, and had intended to seek help from professionals near her family home in the Big Apple. However, the actress changed her mind on the eve of her deadline and hopped on a plane to L.A., where she opted for the Morningside Recovery center in Newport Beach.
She spent less than an hour at the Orange County venue before walking out, and eventually ended up at the Betty Ford Clinic in Rancho Mirage.
RELATED: Hollywood's most controversial moms
Her newly-rehired lawyer, Shawn Holley, attended a court hearing on Monday to address prosecutors' concerns over the 30-day treatment programs provided by the Betty Ford center, but Holley insisted there were three-month sessions available.
RELATED: Rehabbed celebrities
Judge James R. Dabney gave the thumbs up to the facility, but granted prosecutors until Friday to raise any further objections. They have since informed the judge that they, too, approve of the Betty Ford Clinic as a substitute, reports TMZ.com.
Lohan's latest rehab stay relates to charges from a car crash in California last summer.
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
January Jones, Emily Blunt, and Amber Heard all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Taylor's Cute Cat
Taylor Swift shares an adorable video of her new kitten taking a catnap on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »