Lohan's lawyer predicts NY club case will be dropped
- Photo: Michael Stewart/Getty Images North America1 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com2 of 16
- Photo: SSJ/ZOB/ZDS/WENN3 of 16
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN4 of 16
- Photo: TDAA/ZDS/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Optic Photos/PacificCoastNews.com6 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet7 of 16
- Photo: WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Miguel/CPR/Fame Flynet9 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet10 of 16
- Photo: CMG/ZOJ/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: JD/Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Marc Andrew Deley/FilmMagic13 of 16
- Photo: Paramount Pictures14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
NEW YORK (AP) -- Lindsay Lohan's attorney predicts there will be no case against the actress in connection with an alleged fight at a Manhattan nightclub.
Attorney Mark Jay Heller spoke after signing paperwork at the courthouse Monday. Lohan was not there.
Office of Court Administration spokesman David Bookstaver confirmed that a criminal complaint has not been drawn up at this time. The district attorney's office said only that the investigation is continuing.
RELATED: Lindsay Lohan pays of 2009 tax debt
Lohan was arrested on a charge of misdemeanor assault in the Nov. 29 incident at the club Avenue.
The "Mean Girls" and "Liz & Dick" star allegedly struck a woman in the face during an argument.
At the time of her arrest, her New York attorney, Heller, said Lohan was "a victim of someone trying to capture their 15 minutes of fame."
Check out Salma Hayek's most wonderfully wacky Instagram posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Takes on Tinder!
Watch this trailer for Cameron Diaz's and Jason Segel's new movie "Bad Teacher."Watch Video »
Brooke Shields: 'Skanky' on 'The Middle'
Brooke Shields goes trashy -- sporting a mullet, a tattoo, a cold sore and drinking beer -- but...Watch Video »
From Elsa Pataky to Ginnifer Goodwin, see some of Hollywood's new baby bumps on Wonderwall Replay.Watch Video »