- Photo: KYLE ROVER/StarTraks1 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: KB4/WENN3 of 13
- Photo: INB/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 13
- Photo: Andres Otero/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: Wonderwall7 of 13
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage8 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: Columbia Pictures/Promotional12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Katie Mathewson
There aren't many actresses who can rival Lucy Liu in terms of talent, class, and fashion sense. Playing Joan Watson on "Elementary" has finally allowed Lucy to break free from the Chinese-American stereotypes of some of her other iconic roles, like Alex in "Charlie's Angels" and O-Ren in "Kill Bill." Now, the actress is giving back to the Girl Scouts, displaying her art at an exhibit in Manchester, and gearing up for an all-new season of CBS hit show "Elementary."
RELATED: Celebs' favorite summer foods
Wonderwall: We love your red carpet style! Lately, some of your looks even remind us of the iconic Sherlock Holmes. What inspires your fashion?
Lucy Liu: "We like to mix things up a little bit and keep it really fresh. We'll go from a Versace metal, very structured dress to a Carolina Herrera flower dress that has a very 'Marie Antoinette' style. We try to keep it different and constantly moving so that it's never predictable."
RELATED: Summer fashion trends
Wonderwall: We hear you're donating the Girl Scouts a collectible Alex doll [from the "Charlie's Angels" franchise]. When you look back on that time in your career, what feelings do you have?
Lucy Liu: "It was just such a fun time. It's amazing to become one of these iconic characters for other girls, like when it was Farrah Fawcett for me when I was younger. [They were] superheroes, you know?"
RELATED: Hollywood's hottest dads
Wonderwall: You're working with Nestlé to promote the return of the Nestlé Crunch Girl Scout candy bars as a part of your ongoing relationship with the Scouts. How'd that start?
Lucy Liu: "Well, my goddaughter ... today is her birthday, actually. I'm giving her a shout out. She's turning 9 and she joined the Girl Scouts last year. That's when I really started becoming more involved."
Wonderwall: Have you witnessed any major changes in your goddaughter since she joined?
Lucy Liu: "I don't want to say she's a young lady, but she's kind of coming out of her shell and becoming more confident [by] selling cookies and becoming more involved in her community. She's growing up and understanding money ... and now, she's exchanging money with people. You know, dealing with math and change. It's sort of like independence, and it's really special to see that."
RELATED: Best and worst beach bodies
Wonderwall: Do you have a pretty big sweet tooth? What are you going to buy when she comes knocking at your door?
Lucy Liu: "Oh, I've already bought like a ton of things from her, but this candy bar is really cool because they've [added] Nestlé Crunch, which I was obsessed with as a kid ... They've got peanut butter and they've got coconut and caramel and then they have, of course, the famous Thin Mint that everyone knows."
Wonderwall: We have no idea how you can eat all of that and look the way you do. Be honest -- how hard is it to keep up your incredible figure?
Lucy Liu: "I always enjoy having sweets, but I don't try to overdo it. So I will -- like, a couple hours after a meal -- have something, maybe one or two candy bars, or have a cookie or a muffin. I don't ever say no to a cookie because in the end, I wind up binging anyways."
RELATED: Celebs with iconic beauty marks
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite