Kellan Lutz pushed himself hard for 'Immortals' role
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: GQ6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins / Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: .9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Startracksphoto.com/ALBERT MICHAEL/.11 of 16
- Photo: Abbott + Main via CeleBitchy/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 16
Kellan Lutz has revealed the secrets to his buff body in upcoming movie "Immortals" - he ate 16 eggs every morning as part of a strict diet and fitness regime.
The Twilight star bulked up to 220 pounds for the mythological Greek epic by following a specially-devised eating plan.
As a result, Lutz had energy to spare and he regularly worked out on set with his co-stars Henry Cavill and Luke Evans to stave off boredom.
He tells Men's Fitness magazine, "I ate 16 eggs every morning. I got up to 220 pounds of solid muscle. We'd work out every day.
"Shooting one scene could take all day - and when that's just driving a Humvee at five miles an hour, we had energy to burn. We were doing push-ups on top of the Humvees. We were throwing wheels and rocks. We were timing each other, betting who can do the most push-ups, just to keep our sanity.
"Within 30 minutes, you're dripping. And it's Africa. So it's hot as balls out there. We pushed each other to be the best we could be."
Hilary Duff, Katy Perry and more stars debut new 'dos on Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The ladies of "Pretty Little Liars" take New York City by storm on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kim's Bikini Bod
Taylor Swift and her brother celebrate Easter with an epic egg hunt on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHitting Back
From Crowd Ignite