Kellan Lutz pushed himself hard for 'Immortals' role
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: GQ6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins / Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: .9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Startracksphoto.com/ALBERT MICHAEL/.11 of 16
- Photo: Abbott + Main via CeleBitchy/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 16
Kellan Lutz has revealed the secrets to his buff body in upcoming movie "Immortals" - he ate 16 eggs every morning as part of a strict diet and fitness regime.
The Twilight star bulked up to 220 pounds for the mythological Greek epic by following a specially-devised eating plan.
As a result, Lutz had energy to spare and he regularly worked out on set with his co-stars Henry Cavill and Luke Evans to stave off boredom.
He tells Men's Fitness magazine, "I ate 16 eggs every morning. I got up to 220 pounds of solid muscle. We'd work out every day.
"Shooting one scene could take all day - and when that's just driving a Humvee at five miles an hour, we had energy to burn. We were doing push-ups on top of the Humvees. We were throwing wheels and rocks. We were timing each other, betting who can do the most push-ups, just to keep our sanity.
"Within 30 minutes, you're dripping. And it's Africa. So it's hot as balls out there. We pushed each other to be the best we could be."
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Jennifer Lawrence, January Jones, and Miley Cyrus' style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion.Watch Video »
From Behati Prinsloo to Kim Kardashian, check out the celebrities who've found themselves in compromising positions.Watch Video »
Bye Bye Zayn
Get the scoop on 1D's huge, heartbreaking news on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Mandy Moore does cryo therapy, plus more stars' bizarre health and beauty practices on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Alba in Italy
Check out Jessica Alba's business trip to Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Babe
From Crowd Ignite