Kellan Lutz pushed himself hard for 'Immortals' role
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/.2 of 16
- Photo: Dylan George/Promotional3 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins, Gaz Shirley/PacificCoastNews.com5 of 16
- Photo: GQ6 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Perkins / Pedro Andrade/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 16
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: .9 of 16
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 16
- Photo: Startracksphoto.com/ALBERT MICHAEL/.11 of 16
- Photo: Abbott + Main via CeleBitchy/Promotional12 of 16
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: IRA/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/15 of 16
Kellan Lutz has revealed the secrets to his buff body in upcoming movie "Immortals" - he ate 16 eggs every morning as part of a strict diet and fitness regime.
The Twilight star bulked up to 220 pounds for the mythological Greek epic by following a specially-devised eating plan.
As a result, Lutz had energy to spare and he regularly worked out on set with his co-stars Henry Cavill and Luke Evans to stave off boredom.
He tells Men's Fitness magazine, "I ate 16 eggs every morning. I got up to 220 pounds of solid muscle. We'd work out every day.
"Shooting one scene could take all day - and when that's just driving a Humvee at five miles an hour, we had energy to burn. We were doing push-ups on top of the Humvees. We were throwing wheels and rocks. We were timing each other, betting who can do the most push-ups, just to keep our sanity.
"Within 30 minutes, you're dripping. And it's Africa. So it's hot as balls out there. We pushed each other to be the best we could be."
Jessica Alba flaunts her bikini body and shares photos from her work trip to Thailand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Demi Lovato snuggles with Wilmer Valderrama on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Eddie Is Red Hot
Here are 5 things you may not know about Eddie Redmayne.Watch Video »
Taylor's Cute Cat
Taylor Swift shares an adorable video of her new kitten taking a catnap on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's wackiest outfits she's been sporting lately.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian rings in her 30th birthday with her family -- and her new boyfriend! -- on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »