Mariah Carey Drops Out of Film Due to Medical Reasons
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Sam Sharma / Nathanael Jones/PacificCoastNews.com2 of 9
- Photo: RAM/Fame Pictures3 of 9
- Photo: Sharky/Splash News4 of 9
- Photo: Jen Lowery/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Trae Patton/Invision/AP6 of 9
- Photo: Shareif Ziyadat/GettyImages.com7 of 9
- Photo: HC/Splash News8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Fueling pregnancy rumors, Mariah Carey has dropped out of Tyler Perry's new film.
Filming was set to begin next month on the adaptation of Ntozake Shange's 1975 play "For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf."
"She is not doing the movie because her doctor advised her not to," her rep tells UsMagazine.com. "More than that I cannot comment further."
A baby would be a welcome treat for the singer, 41, who surprised fans by wedding Nick Cannon two years ago.
Earlier this month, 29-year-old Cannon -- who recently renewed his vows with Carey -- hinted to Us that a little one might be on the way.
"Her schedule is starting to calm down, you never know ..." he coyly told Us. "In the next year or two, the rumors might come true."
In January, he told MTV News: "We absolutely plan to have a family. But we gotta prioritize, because that's a major, major priority. That's like the only priority in life, when you think about it: starting and raising a family ... We wanna make sure everything is out of the way and that we don't have any distractions."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTYoung Hollywood
From Crowd Ignite