Marilyn Monroe is new face of Chanel
- Photo: Running Press/Invision/AP1 of 16
- Photo: ./Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Running Press/Invision/AP3 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: MATTY ZIMMERMAN/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Promotional7 of 16
- Photo: Promotional8 of 16
- Photo: Milton H. Greene/Vanity Fair9 of 16
- Photo: Promotional/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Promotional11 of 16
- Photo: Courtesty of Keya Morgan/.12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: REED SAXON/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: International Autograph Auctions, Ltd./Promotional15 of 16
Marilyn Monroe is fronting a promotional campaign for luxury perfume Chanel No. 5 from beyond the grave. The late screen icon, who famously touted the scent as her favorite fragrance, follows in the footsteps of other brand ambassadors, including Carole Bouquet and Nicole Kidman, and most recently Brad Pitt, who starred in the last No. 5 advertising campaign.
RELATED: Brad Pitt stars in Chanel No. 5 ads
Monroe will now be taking over from Pitt after Chanel execs put together a new promo featuring previously unreleased pictures of the actress and unheard audio in which she explains her famous quote about wearing nothing but Chanel No. 5 in bed.
RELATED: Marilyn Monroe wannabes
In the clip, titled "Marilyn and No. 5," she says, "They ask you questions like... What do you wear to bed - A pajama top?... A nightgown? So I said, 'Chanel No. 5' because it's the truth!..."
RELATED: A guide to celebrity fragrances
Where Are They?
Find out what the cast of "The Princess Bride" is up to today.Watch Video »
Dissed By Snoop
A Snoop Dogg superfan gets dissed by his favorite rapper on New Year's Eve.Watch Video »
Kristen Stewart, Kate Hudson, and Jennifer Lopez all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"DWTS" champion Val Chmerkovskiy gave Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen a salsa lesson, dished on his win, that heavy mirror ball trophy, and the upcoming tour!Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar, Gwyneth Paltrow, Kim Kardashian and more show off their best Throwback Thursday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Brooklyn Decker chats about filming "Battleship" in Hawaii and more with Wonderwall's Lisa Ingrassia.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTadvertising issue
From Crowd Ignite