Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen's $39,000 Backpack Sells Out
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com1 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: WENN4 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com5 of 16
- Photo: BILL DAVILA/StarTraks6 of 16
- Photo: Freddie Baez/StarTraks7 of 16
- Photo: Mok/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Turgeon/Rocke/Splash News9 of 16
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: PS3/WENN11 of 16
- Photo: VPA/PacificCoastNews.com12 of 16
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com13 of 16
- Photo: Universal Studios/Jim Henson Productions/WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage.com15 of 16
Not everyone shops on a budget!
"It was the first thing that sold off the shelf," Ashley, 25, said at the Paris launch of their new handbag collection Sept. 30. "During our last economic crisis in the U.S., the only thing that went up was Hermes."
Despite its hefty price tag, Barney's Fashion Director Amanda Brooks sees the luxe backpack as an investment.
"If you were ever going to spend $39,000 on a bag, that's the bag you should buy," she told Fashionista in July. "There's enough design to make it interesting and beautiful but they truly are classic bags -- and I think you also might be the only one who has it."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
The stars of "Orange Is the New Black" take Paris by storm on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kylie Jenner's most stylish swimsuit posts on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Sarah Michelle Gellar, Cindy Crawford and more stars celebrated Cinco de Mayo on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See what Hugh Hefner's former girlfriend has to say on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Khloe Kardashian greets a giraffe, cuddles a chimpanzee and kisses a tiger cub on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bares it All
"SYTYCD" star tWitch chats waxing for "Magic Mike XXL" and raps "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" theme song.Watch Video »