Matt Damon says no to politics
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 17
- Photo: PV/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin14 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP16 of 17
Matt Damon has ruled out ever running for office after speaking to a political consultant who was disillusioned with his job.
RELATED: Will Ben Affleck run for Senate?
The actor takes an avid interest in politics, throwing his support behind President Barack Obama during his two election campaigns and speaking out publicly against the war in Iraq. Last year Damon even came third in a poll for the star Americans would want to run for office, but he admits speaking to a consultant during research for his role in "The Adjustment Bureau" put him off the idea of stepping into the world of politics.
He tells USA Today, "No [I won't run for office], for a number of reasons. I love my job too much and don't want to do anything else.
RELATED: Celebrity protesters
"I love making movies. And also, I look at that world and I don't think I'm cut out for it. I don't think I'd enjoy it.
"I talked to a political consultant when I was doing 'The Adjustment Bureau.' He was getting out of the business. He said that when he started out, you'd work for someone you believed in and you'd craft these messages.
"It was all about the nuance. And then we figured out somewhere along the line that you throw [information] at the other candidate and it doesn't matter if it's true."
Check out everything you need to know about Brooklyn Beckham from Instagram on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
OMG Celeb Fashion
Check out Blake Lively, Emma Watson, Reese Witherspoon and Sofia Vergara's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion!Watch Video »
The stars of "Annie" chat on-set anxieties, serenade Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer with their favorite tunes from the soundtrack and more!Watch Video »
Gisele Goes Green
See how Gisele Bundchen, Jordana Brewster and more stars are celebrating Earth Day 2015 on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Have you ever wanted to make your eyes pop and your skill look luminous? We'll show you how to get the look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
See the latest celeb wardrobe malfunctions.Watch Video »