Matt Damon says no to politics
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 17
- Photo: PV/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin14 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP16 of 17
Matt Damon has ruled out ever running for office after speaking to a political consultant who was disillusioned with his job.
RELATED: Will Ben Affleck run for Senate?
The actor takes an avid interest in politics, throwing his support behind President Barack Obama during his two election campaigns and speaking out publicly against the war in Iraq. Last year Damon even came third in a poll for the star Americans would want to run for office, but he admits speaking to a consultant during research for his role in "The Adjustment Bureau" put him off the idea of stepping into the world of politics.
He tells USA Today, "No [I won't run for office], for a number of reasons. I love my job too much and don't want to do anything else.
RELATED: Celebrity protesters
"I love making movies. And also, I look at that world and I don't think I'm cut out for it. I don't think I'd enjoy it.
"I talked to a political consultant when I was doing 'The Adjustment Bureau.' He was getting out of the business. He said that when he started out, you'd work for someone you believed in and you'd craft these messages.
"It was all about the nuance. And then we figured out somewhere along the line that you throw [information] at the other candidate and it doesn't matter if it's true."
LeAnn Rimes shares photos from her fabulous family vacation on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kelly Carkson introduces her baby girl on Instagram, plus more stars who debuted their newborns on social media in 2014 on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Madonna and daughter Lourdes conduct a photo shoot with Taylor Momsen for Madonna's clothing line Material Girl.Watch Video »
Dissed By Snoop
A Snoop Dogg superfan gets dissed by his favorite rapper on New Year's Eve.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sienna Miller, Miranda Lambert, and Eva Longoria all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTChristmas Wishes
From Crowd Ignite