Matt Damon says no to politics
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 17
- Photo: PV/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin14 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP16 of 17
Matt Damon has ruled out ever running for office after speaking to a political consultant who was disillusioned with his job.
RELATED: Will Ben Affleck run for Senate?
The actor takes an avid interest in politics, throwing his support behind President Barack Obama during his two election campaigns and speaking out publicly against the war in Iraq. Last year Damon even came third in a poll for the star Americans would want to run for office, but he admits speaking to a consultant during research for his role in "The Adjustment Bureau" put him off the idea of stepping into the world of politics.
He tells USA Today, "No [I won't run for office], for a number of reasons. I love my job too much and don't want to do anything else.
RELATED: Celebrity protesters
"I love making movies. And also, I look at that world and I don't think I'm cut out for it. I don't think I'd enjoy it.
"I talked to a political consultant when I was doing 'The Adjustment Bureau.' He was getting out of the business. He said that when he started out, you'd work for someone you believed in and you'd craft these messages.
"It was all about the nuance. And then we figured out somewhere along the line that you throw [information] at the other candidate and it doesn't matter if it's true."
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLike Their Folks
From Crowd Ignite