Mel Gibson and ex-girlfriend reach settlement
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Jae C. Hong/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: Warner Bros.3 of 16
- Photo: AIP/Promotional4 of 16
- Photo: Splash News/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Arturo Rodriguez/Invision/AP6 of 16
- Photo: Peter Morrison/Invision/AP7 of 16
- Photo: NC1/WENN8 of 16
- Photo: Ken Regan/Summit Entertainment/Promotional9 of 16
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage.com11 of 16
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com12 of 16
- Photo: Icon Entertainment International/Promotional13 of 16
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News15 of 16
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Actor Mel Gibson and his ex-girlfriend, Oksana Gigorieva, have reached a settlement of their bitterly fought separation.
RELATED: Celeb Outlaws
Los Angeles Superior Court officials said in a statement late Friday that the resolution came at the end of a multi-day settlement conference. Terms and conditions of the settlement were not announced and the court said that a hearing is set for Wednesday.
It said the civil financial agreement would be heard in open court but one of the most contentious issues, custody of the couple's small daughter, will be discussed in closed session.
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits
The agreement appeared to conclude a legal saga which burst into headlines last year when Gigorieva, a Russian musician, reported Gibson had hit her during a fight at his Malibu home in January 2010.
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Best Beach Bodies
As the temp cools down, heat things back up by checking out the best beach bodies of 2015!Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Life With Toast
@TheFatJewish chats life with his Instagram-famous pooch @ToastMeetsWorldWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »