Melanie Griffith checks herself into rehab
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 5
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: The Canadian Press, Jonathan Hayward/Invision/AP3 of 5
- Photo: G Tres/Splash News4 of 5
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Michelle Lanz
Looks like it's one more ride on the rehab rollercoaster for actress Melanie Griffith.
People magazine confirmed that the actress has checked herself into the Cirque Lodge facility in Utah. The stay is "part of a routine plan that was designed between her and her doctors years ago," according to Melanie's publicist, Robin Baum.
Meanwhile, Star magazine reported that Griffith checked herself in to save her marriage to actor Antonio Banderas.
"The reason Melanie checked in was her husband was demanding that she get clean and sober," says a source quoted in Star. "He told her that if she didn't get the help she needed it would be the end of their marriage."
This isn't the first time the 52-year-old star has turned to rehab for help. She has battled drug and alcohol addiction for decades, but according to Star reports, the latest bender may have put Banderas over the edge.
An insider tells Star that Griffith is "working with the counselors on getting control of her demons."
According to yet another source, "Melanie's struggling right now, but Antonio has been checking in on her as much as he is allowed, making sure she gets back on her feet. Without Antonio in her life, I honestly believe Melanie would be dead."
We don't know who these sources are and sure hope that's not the case, but wish her good luck in recovery.
RELATED: Friend us on Facebook
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite