Mendes denies cheating on Winslet
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/Retna Digital2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Dave Allocca / StarPix/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
A representative for Sam Mendes has furiously denied allegations his marriage to Kate Winslet broke down after he struck up a relationship with British actress Rebecca Hall, branding the claims "ridiculous," "utter nonsense," and "untrue."
The couple announced their split on Monday, revealing their seven-year marriage came to an end earlier this year.
Speculation has been rife over the reason for the break-up, and recent reports alleged Winslet ended the union after her husband grew close to Hall, who was cast in two of his plays.
RELATED: See more photos of Kate
But a spokesman for Mendes is adamant the reports are completely unfounded.
The rep tells E! Online, "Utter nonsense. Untrue and ridiculous."
He also tells the New York Daily News: "There is absolutely no truth to this. Sam and Rebecca are professional colleagues. That's it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWedding Pics
From Crowd Ignite