Mendes' prop mix-up 'almost killed' Ferrell
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 6
- Photo: Solarpix/Splash News2 of 6
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Anna Pocaro/London Entertainment/Splash News4 of 6
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Eva Mendes "almost killed" Will Ferrell on the set of their new movie after picking up a real knife instead of a prop and using it in a fight sequence.
The two actors star in upcoming comedy "The Other Guys" and one scene sees Mendes lunge at the funnyman with a blade during a heated argument.
RELATED: Eva in Allure
The actress admits they improvised much of the scene, and when she picked up a carving knife, she didn't realize the object was real.
RELATED: More Will Ferrell pics
She tells People.com, "Once we got the scene down, we were told to improv. We got into a little tug-of-war, and I picked up what was supposed to be a prop knife. It was actually a carving knife from our meal. I lunged at him, and I was really proud of myself," she said, presumably meaning before she realized her mistake.
RELATED: Eva and more underwear model hotties
"When we cut, Will said, 'Wow, usually we have to coordinate that with the stunt department.' It could have gotten ugly in a second. I almost killed Will Ferrell!"
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'RHONY' Return?
From Crowd Ignite