Meryl Streep donates another $10,000 to Rhode Island education
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN12 of 13
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Actress Meryl Streep has made two $10,000 donations in Rhode Island this week in honor of fellow Oscar nominee Viola Davis.
RELATED: Vote on Meryl Streep's Oscar look
Most recently Steep reached out to a scholarship fund that Davis established with her sister in 1988.
RELATED: Best-Dressed Oscar Couples
Upward Bound Director Mariam Boyajian said Thursday that the check for the Upward Bound Scholarship Endowment Fund arrived Monday. Boyajian says Streep's donation is the largest single award the fund has received.
RELATED: Celeb Moms Over 40
The Segue Institute for Learning in Central Falls also received $10,000 from Streep on Monday in Davis' honor. Davis grew up in Central Falls.
Streep won an Oscar for Best Actress on Sunday for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady." Davis was nominated for her role in "The Help."
Boyajian says Davis and her sister, Deloris Grant, graduated from the Upward Bound program.
Get out the vote
From Robert Pattinson to Joseph Gordon-Levitt, get all the new couple scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy Video Shoot
Fergie shares sexy behind-the-scenes photos from her music video shoot on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the hottest looks that Kim Kardashian has donned since becoming a mom.Watch Video »
Cameron's long journey to ‘Avatar’
Dec. 14: Director James Cameron sits down with "Access" to talk about his highly anticipated film,...Watch Video »
Hilary Swank, Emma Stone, and Tilda Swinton are all Fashion Offenders this week.Watch Video »
Get all the pregnancy rumor scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »