Michael Fassbender Opens Up About Girlfriend Nicole Beharie
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin1 of 8
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 8
- Photo: JMF/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: JMF/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Esquire7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Sorry, ladies: Michael Fassbender is off the market.
The actor, who once dated his "X-Men: First Class" co-star Zoe Kravitz, is currently dating his "Shame" co-star Nicole Beharie, 27. "I'm seeing Nicole," he reveals in the June issue of GQ. "We're trying to see each other as often as possible."
Fassbender, 35, admits that spending time together has been "kind of difficult" since Beharie is based in New York "and I live in England."
Unlike his relationship with Kravitz, Fassbender didn't pursue Beharie while working together on the Golden Globe-nominated film. "Nothing happened while we were filming. We started talking more on the promotion thing," Fassbender says. "So, yeah, it just sort of unfolded like that."
Fassbender was famously snubbed in the Best Actor in a Motion Picture category at the 84th Annual Academy Awards -- a blow he didn't anticipate.
"At the beginning people [say], 'You're going to be going to the Oscars,' and you're like, 'Whatever, doesn't matter, don't think so.' But after a while it does penetrate. After a while you're like, 'Anyway, so I'm going to the Oscars.' ... And you start to believe it. And I did. I thought I was going. And then I found out I wasn't and I was upset. I was very upset by it. The first reaction was, 'What the f---?'"
The "Prometheus" actor adds, "It's a vanity thing. It does become important to you. And it shouldn't."
Fassbender worries that his heavily publicized full-frontal nude scenes in "Shame" may have ruined his chances at Oscar gold.
"That peeing cost me an Oscar. ... After a certain point you worry that it kind of detracts from the movie. But there's nothing I can do. I just have to laugh it off. I can. Pretty much," he tells GQ. "Because I take my work seriously, but I can't take myself too seriously. I'm in such a crazy privileged position. S---, this is the pinnacle of the dream when I was 17. Nobody wants to hear really how difficult it is."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite