Mickey Rourke to Wrestle Greek Gods
- Photo: Retna Ltd.1 of 7
- Photo: Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Michel Euler/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: RD/ Cortes/Retna Digital4 of 7
- Photo: © RD / Cortes/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
Golden Globe winning actor Mickey Rourke will suit up for battle in 'War of the Gods.'
Hollywood's resident bad-boy is set to play the villain, King Hyperion, according to Variety. He will join 'Slumdog Millionaire' breakout star Freida Pinto in the film.
Pinto will star as Phaedra, an oracle priestess. Her character must join Theseus, played by "The Tudors"' Henry Cavill, to avoid the outbreak of catastrophic war. Theseus and his fellow warriors seek to save mankind by entering into battle with the powerful elder gods of the Titans. His force also struggles to defeat evil by fighting the immortal Greek gods.
Variety reports that the cast will hit the battle field in April, when filming begins.
Related stories: 'Slumdog' Sweethearts?Stars Aligned for Freida Pinto
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite