Mickey Rourke's agent bombarded with panicked calls after death hoax
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: © Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 22
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 22
- Photo: Splash News4 of 22
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 22
- Photo: Nikki Nelson./WENN6 of 22
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks7 of 22
- Photo: Promotional8 of 22
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 22
- Photo: WENN10 of 22
- Photo: WENN11 of 22
- Photo: PF1/WENN12 of 22
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital13 of 22
- Photo: GILBERT TOURTE/Invision/AP14 of 22
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA15 of 22
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA16 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP17 of 22
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News18 of 22
- Photo: WENN19 of 22
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN20 of 22
- Photo: MSAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN21 of 22
Mickey Rourke's agent has slammed false rumors suggesting the actor has died after the representative was bombarded with condolence calls on Friday.
VIDEO: Best TMI tweets
The "Sin City" star is the latest celebrity to fall victim to the morbid trend of online hoaxes which claim that a star has died in a snowboarding accident in Switzerland.
After the rumors hit the web, Rourke's agent David Unger had to tell a string of panicked callers that the actor was in fact very much alive.
He tells New York gossip column Page Six that the star is "very touched by the outpouring of concern, and is alive and well in Beverly Hills."
Unger adds, "I have been getting condolence calls from all over the world. But I can confirm Mickey is very alive."
Jim Carrey, Jeff Goldblum, Christian Slater and Sylvester Stallone have all been targets of sick hoaxes in recent years.
Beyonce rocks a one-piece, plus more of the best celeb swimsuit moments of summer 2015 thus far on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Bellamy Young chats attachment to her "Scandal" wig, dishes on her hopes for season five and more!Watch Video »
From Taylor Swift to Diane Kruger, check out the celebs with the best summer street style!Watch Video »
Check out Diane Kruger, Elizabeth Banks, and Kendall Jenner's style statements on OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Learn how you can get Jennifer Lawrence's fresh-faced glow at home on the latest episode of Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Jada Pinkett Smith, Amber Heard and co-stars dish on what it was like on set of "Magic Mike XXL" with Wonderwall.com's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite