Mickey Rourke's agent bombarded with panicked calls after death hoax
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 21
- Photo: © Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 21
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 21
- Photo: Splash News4 of 21
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 21
- Photo: Nikki Nelson./WENN6 of 21
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks7 of 21
- Photo: Promotional8 of 21
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 21
- Photo: WENN10 of 21
- Photo: WENN11 of 21
- Photo: PF1/WENN12 of 21
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital13 of 21
- Photo: GILBERT TOURTE/Invision/AP14 of 21
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA15 of 21
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP16 of 21
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News17 of 21
- Photo: WENN18 of 21
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN19 of 21
- Photo: MSAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN20 of 21
Mickey Rourke's agent has slammed false rumors suggesting the actor has died after the representative was bombarded with condolence calls on Friday.
VIDEO: Best TMI tweets
The "Sin City" star is the latest celebrity to fall victim to the morbid trend of online hoaxes which claim that a star has died in a snowboarding accident in Switzerland.
After the rumors hit the web, Rourke's agent David Unger had to tell a string of panicked callers that the actor was in fact very much alive.
He tells New York gossip column Page Six that the star is "very touched by the outpouring of concern, and is alive and well in Beverly Hills."
Unger adds, "I have been getting condolence calls from all over the world. But I can confirm Mickey is very alive."
Jim Carrey, Jeff Goldblum, Christian Slater and Sylvester Stallone have all been targets of sick hoaxes in recent years.
Wonderwall.com goes behind the scenes at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »
In honor of the 10th anniversary of "Just Friends," check out how the stars of the film have changed.Watch Video »
Get the Duggar dish on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Stars chat with Wonderwall.com on the red carpet at the 2015 American Music AwardsWatch Video »