Mickey Rourke's agent bombarded with panicked calls after death hoax
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: © Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 22
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 22
- Photo: Splash News4 of 22
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 22
- Photo: Nikki Nelson./WENN6 of 22
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks7 of 22
- Photo: Promotional8 of 22
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 22
- Photo: WENN10 of 22
- Photo: WENN11 of 22
- Photo: PF1/WENN12 of 22
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital13 of 22
- Photo: GILBERT TOURTE/Invision/AP14 of 22
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA15 of 22
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA16 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP17 of 22
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News18 of 22
- Photo: WENN19 of 22
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN20 of 22
- Photo: MSAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN21 of 22
Mickey Rourke's agent has slammed false rumors suggesting the actor has died after the representative was bombarded with condolence calls on Friday.
VIDEO: Best TMI tweets
The "Sin City" star is the latest celebrity to fall victim to the morbid trend of online hoaxes which claim that a star has died in a snowboarding accident in Switzerland.
After the rumors hit the web, Rourke's agent David Unger had to tell a string of panicked callers that the actor was in fact very much alive.
He tells New York gossip column Page Six that the star is "very touched by the outpouring of concern, and is alive and well in Beverly Hills."
Unger adds, "I have been getting condolence calls from all over the world. But I can confirm Mickey is very alive."
Jim Carrey, Jeff Goldblum, Christian Slater and Sylvester Stallone have all been targets of sick hoaxes in recent years.
"DWTS" champion Val Chmerkovskiy gave Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen a salsa lesson, dished on his win, that heavy mirror ball trophy, and the upcoming tour!Watch Video »
The Rock rips his shirt before epic "San Andreas" premiere on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
Learn how to recreate Emmy Rossum's fresh-faced look on Wonderwall.com's DIY Celeb Makeup.Watch Video »
Emma Stone and Bradley Cooper get the giggles while discussing their first impressions of each other, weird encounters in Hawaii and more!Watch Video »
Youtube for 90210
From Jenna Marbles to PewDiePie, find out which Youtube sensations we think should star in “Beverly Hills, 90210” if the show was cast today!Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVal's Moves
From Crowd Ignite