Mickey Rourke's agent bombarded with panicked calls after death hoax
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP1 of 22
- Photo: © Dennis Van Tine/Retna Ltd.2 of 22
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP3 of 22
- Photo: Splash News4 of 22
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 22
- Photo: Nikki Nelson./WENN6 of 22
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks7 of 22
- Photo: Promotional8 of 22
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 22
- Photo: WENN10 of 22
- Photo: WENN11 of 22
- Photo: PF1/WENN12 of 22
- Photo: Leon/Retna Digital13 of 22
- Photo: GILBERT TOURTE/Invision/AP14 of 22
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA15 of 22
- Photo: Moviestore Collection/Rex USA16 of 22
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP17 of 22
- Photo: London Entertainment/Splash News18 of 22
- Photo: WENN19 of 22
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN20 of 22
- Photo: MSAA/ZOB/ZDS/WENN21 of 22
Mickey Rourke's agent has slammed false rumors suggesting the actor has died after the representative was bombarded with condolence calls on Friday.
VIDEO: Best TMI tweets
The "Sin City" star is the latest celebrity to fall victim to the morbid trend of online hoaxes which claim that a star has died in a snowboarding accident in Switzerland.
After the rumors hit the web, Rourke's agent David Unger had to tell a string of panicked callers that the actor was in fact very much alive.
He tells New York gossip column Page Six that the star is "very touched by the outpouring of concern, and is alive and well in Beverly Hills."
Unger adds, "I have been getting condolence calls from all over the world. But I can confirm Mickey is very alive."
Jim Carrey, Jeff Goldblum, Christian Slater and Sylvester Stallone have all been targets of sick hoaxes in recent years.
Behind the Scenes
Kendall Jenner and more stars share the best behind-the-scenes photos from the Cannes Film Festival on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Emma Stone, Emily Blunt, and Julianne Hough's style statements on this week's OMG Celeb Fashion hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Blake Lively gets celery up her nose, plus more of her funniest Instagram moments on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
"#RichKids" newcomer Taylor-Ann Hasselhoff dishes about the drama on the new season and about spending QT with her dad, David Hasselhoff!Watch Video »
DIY Celeb Makeup
We show you how to get Taylor Swift's blue eye shadow look on "DIY Celeb Makeup."Watch Video »
Rumer Willis and "Dancing With the Stars" partner Val Chmerkovskiy blow off steam by making funny videos on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »