Morgan Freeman donates $1 million to Barack Obama's re-election
- Photo: SPW/Splash News1 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 15
- Photo: J. Vespa/WireImage3 of 15
- Photo: Spencer Weiner/JTA for Sawfoto.com/.4 of 15
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP5 of 15
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks6 of 15
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com7 of 15
- Photo: Adrianna M Barazza/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Maury Phillips/WireImage.com9 of 15
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: MARIO ANZUONI/BLTWY/Promotional11 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com12 of 15
- Photo: KATHY WILLENS/Invision/AP13 of 15
- Photo: TwitPic.com/.14 of 15
Movie legend Morgan Freeman has donated $1 million to help fund President Barack Obama's re-election campaign later this year.
America will go to the polls in November, and a string of Hollywood stars have been holding fundraising events to boost Obama's campaign coffers in a bid to land him another four years in the White House.
Freeman, a longstanding Democrat and Obama supporter, has added his own money to Democratic political action committee Priorities USA Action, which is backing Obama for another term.
RELATED: The Obamas Smooch on Kiss-Cam
Speaking of his decision to hand over the hefty sum, Freeman writes, "He [Obama] has ended combat operations in Iraq, put in place sensible reforms of Wall Street, saved the auto industry and protected the health care of every American with a pre-existing condition. He has recognized the full equality of all our brothers and sisters and placed impressive, accomplished women on the Supreme Court."
"In return for this he is being targeted by hundreds of millions of dollars in special interest money. I for one am proud to lend my voice -- and support -- to those who defend him. Priorities USA Action is doing a great job of protecting the values I believe in. I am happy to help them, and I hope others will do so as well."
Fall's Best Looks
New fashion trends are here! Take a look at celebrities rocking fall's best looks so far.Watch Video »
Shailene Woodley and the stars of "Divergent" chat phobias and on-set injuries at the film's world premiere.Watch Video »
Kaley Cuoco spends time with friends and family -- and lots of horses! -- in the wake of her breakup on this week's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Tats for Love
From Heidi Klum and Seal to Ryan Sweeting and Kaley Cuoco, see which stars got tattoos for love.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Pets & Love
Miranda Lambert opens up about self-esteem issues, her husband Blake Shelton and her involvement with Pedigree Dog Charity.Watch Video »