Natalie Portman: 'I'm Trying To Protect My Future Child'
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin1 of 9
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin2 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP4 of 9
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com5 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com6 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com7 of 9
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
With all of the excitement surrounding Natalie Portman -- from her Oscar nomination to her pregnancy and engagement -- the "Black Swan" actress is doing her best to keep a level head.
"I'm just trying to be calm!" Portman, 29, told UsMagazine.com at the Director's Guild Awards in Hollywood on Saturday night. The Michael Kors-clad Portman walked the red carpet with her "Black Swan" director, Darren Aronofsky.
While he was nominated for most Outstanding Directorial Achievement, Aronofsky couldn't help but gush over Portman's maternal skills. "She'll be an amazing mom. Amazing. She's very organized, she's very considerate, she'll be amazing," he said.
Although Portman revealed that she and fiance Benjamin Millepied haven't decided on where they'll raise their child, she is sure of one thing. "[It'll be] as positive and as clean an environment as I can find," she said.
Until the baby arrives, Portman is taking things one step at a time. "There's so much going on, I'll just try not to trip at any point!" she said while teetering in black platform Aldo heels. "I'm trying to protect my future child."
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStork Report
From Crowd Ignite