Neil Patrick Harris Wants Betty White as Love Interest on "HIMYM"
- Photo: Invision/AP1 of 4
- Photo: Rene Macura/Invision/AP2 of 4
- Photo: RD / Montemagni/Retna Digital3 of 4
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
By Melissa Hunter
While Hollywood mourns Bea Arthur, another Golden Girl may be seeing some revitalization in her, um, extra-golden years.
E! Online reports that Neil Patrick Harris wants Betty White to guest star on "How I Met Your Mother." Not only would he like her to guest star, but he also wants her to be the newest love interest for his womanizing character, Barney Stinson.
NPH tells E! Online, "I think Barney should hook up with Betty White at some point. That's my big pitch. We'll see if it happens."
Rose & Doogie romance? This is the stuff Nielsen's ratings magic is made of.
White's agent responded, "Have someone make me an offer. I do hope, though, that Barney is really up to dating Betty. She will run him ragged."
Now that's agent-ing at its finest ... or is it pimping? Whatever. Tomato, tom-ah-to.
At the "Love N' Dancing" premiere, White reacted to the offer, saying, "Ohhh, wouldn't that be fun? I would love that. I'm a big fan of his."
When asked about a potential story line, she said, "I would hit on him. I know that much." That's pretty much all the story line we need. Except maybe throw in a pregnancy scare, just to mix things up.
While White said she's leaving the "Dancing With the Stars" senior-actress fame to Cloris Leachman, we hope she'll head back into scripted TV. She's already been cast on "My Name Is Earl" on which she plays a crazy witch lady. You see, in Hollywood's eyes, there are three parts for women over the age of 70: witch, overgrown cougar, and grandmother. Betty's way too rad to be a regular grandma, so we're hoping she'll just get a corner on the market for crazy overgrown cougar-witch-ladies. You've got our vote, Betty.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHow Much?!
From Crowd Ignite