Nervous Emily Blunt 'laughed hysterically' in Obama's face
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage1 of 16
- Photo: © Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 16
- Photo: DZILLA/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: AXELLE WOUSSEN/Bauer-Griffin4 of 16
- Photo: GSI/StarTraks5 of 16
- Photo: LCG/WENN6 of 16
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: Kevin Wolf/Invision/AP8 of 16
- Photo: Carlo Allegri/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage11 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage12 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage13 of 16
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame PlazaMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:50:00 PM
- 'Dancing With the Stars' Goes to the Movies, But It's Lights Out for One MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 9:24:00 PM
- DreamWorks Animation Talks Collapse, SoftBank Turns to Legendary Entertainment (Report)MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:46:00 PM
- Dancing with the Stars: Who Got the Season's First Perfect Score?MSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:27:00 PM
- Postmortem: Everything Went Wrong on Sleepy Hollow This Week. Stars Preview What's NextMSNEntertainment 9/29/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen from Academy of Television Arts And Sciences' Hall of Fame Plaza
British actress Emily Blunt can't help but cringe whenever she recalls her recent meeting with President Barack Obama - because she lost control of her nerves and began laughing "hysterically" in his face.
RELATED: Style Profile: Emily Blunt
Blunt was attending the Kennedy Center Honors in Washington, D.C. in December to help pay tribute to her "The Devil Wears Prada" co-star Meryl Streep when she was offered the opportunity to greet the President.
RELATED: Stars attend the 2012 Academy Awards
But the meeting didn't quite go as smoothly as she'd planned when Obama lavished praise on Blunt for her screen work - and it all proved a little too much for her to handle.
RELATED: Is Natalie Portman secretly married?
She recalls, "I'm from England so I didn't think I would be as excited as I apparently was ]to meet Obama], so I was like, he won't know who I am, he'll shake my hand and say, 'Hi, nice to meet you', move on.
I went to shake his hand and he turned to me, and he put his hand on top of mine and he went, 'I love you. I love what you do, I've seen all of your work.' And I started to laugh hysterically in his face and I didn't say anything except I think I said, 'I appreciate that' or 'I appreciate you' or just something really awful and I couldn't stop laughing!"
Her bizarre reaction prompted event officials to cut short the meeting and guide her away - and Blunt admits it was a complete disaster.
She says, "I don't know what happened, I've never fallen to pieces like that in front of anyone... So I got gently removed. I remember feeling a kinda firm grip on my arm as I was ushered away. And Michelle [Obama]) gave me a hug, I think out of pity, because I was such a mess!"
Fergie, Sarah Jessica Parker, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Diva Double Date
Beyonce and Alicia Keys double date with their famous hubbies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "American Beauty" is today.Watch Video »
J.Lo's Mini Me
Jennifer Lopez shares an adorable photo of her look-alike daughter, plus more celebritots on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Prince Harry, Jessica Alba and more stars who threw out the first pitch at baseball games.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTUnder Pressure
From Crowd Ignite